Wieliczka Salt Mine tour
April 24, 2018
The “Wieliczka” Salt Mine is one of the most valuable monuments of material culture in Poland. Each year it is visited by more than one million tourists from all over the world. It is also a world class monument, featuring among twelve objects on the UNESCO’s World Cultural and Natural Heritage List.
Below please find the most important pieces of information to familiarise with prior your decision to sign up.
Please know that the tour will take place only when the minimum number of 10 participants is reached.
The fee per person is 400 PLN
Meeting point: JCC Krakow at 3:00 PM
Return to Krakow is scheduled at 7:30 PM
Rules of the visit:
- The visit lasts ca 2-3 hours.
- Underage visitors may participate in the visit only under the supervision of parents or guardians.
- Smoking tobacco products in the mine is strictly prohibited. It is also forbidden to use open fire and electric torches.
- The temperature in the mine ranges between 57° and 60° C. Please remember to take warmer clothing.
- The route leads through excavations outside the area of the mine accessible to tourists within the standard programme. The visit requires increased physical effort.
- It is prohibited to have your mobile telephones on you while visiting the route since their signal may interfere with the functioning of specialist equipment.
- Tourists receive special protective clothing and mining equipment: a lamp, a carbon monoxide absorber and a helmet. Please make sure to wear comfortable, water-resistant shoes.